Tuesday, August 12, 2008

41derful, so I hear . . .



Well, today is my birthday, and I am 41. Oh, sorry—41derful, as I am told by my dear Kristi who drew this little self portrait of her on one of my cards. Last night we went to our fave restaurant in town, Margot Cafe, and as usual we had an incredible dinner. We started out with home made Chips and Aoli, then had some Beets with a Pistachio Pesto and a slight drizzle of Olive Oil, and for dinner, I had the Tri-Tip Steak with Tomato Risotto and Kristi got this amazing Pork dish with a light salad on top, of arugula, local peaches, grilled bread and parmesan cheese. I had never had Tri-Tip Steak before, but let me just share with you that it was some of the best meat I have ever had in my entire life. Came from an organic farm not too far from here so I didn’t feel like I had an “angus-biotic” steak. We split some home made dark Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert, and as I have been known to say before “I hurt myself.”

Another treat about today not related to my birth some 41 years ago, is that today is the 6 week mark from the day I had my recent surgery. I continue to do well and regain appetite (as evidenced in me hurting myself ) and though at a slower pace, strength, stamina and energy. Being 6 weeks out is a gift all its own, and I have my Maker to thank for that. Now I can try to get back on the bike and ride some, and supposedly I can begin to lift upwards of 15 lbs., though I am a big scaredy cat on that one. Don’t want to do any harm internally while things are still on the mend.

Outside of lunch with my mom and Kristi at Bricktops, I am not sure what else is going on. For sure though, no big blow out party like last year. I am handling turning 41 much better than I did turning 40. I guess once a person is over that mental hump, it is all smooth sailing for a while.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jay. You'll always be 7 to me.

JAY S. said...

Thanks Zippy. I’m hanging onto 7 as long as possible!

Anonymous said...

Guess what: that's pretty much all that's going on! hee

Nanette R. said...

Happy Birthday, Jay (see Kristi's Facebook for another message)!!! I'm glad you've had a good birthday so far. Maybe you can just relax and watch the Olympics tonight (Kristi said she hadn't watched it yet this year, which is up there with my not having seen Star Wars!). You are one of my favorite 41-year-olds and remember . . . you'll always be younger than me! :-)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday youngin! And um, no one told me you had a blog. I am totally out of the loop.

Jen Stadler said...

Oh how proud Shelley would be that "hurt myself" has officially made it on the public scene! And I have to say, for a 41-year old, you sure make a great male escort. (For weddings people... WEDDINGS!)

Anonymous said...

hm, i thought that was a drawing of ME...happy day!

JAY S. said...

Thanks for the well wishes friends!! It was a good day after the first half of the day was over and a huge deadline went out the door. Whew!

We are boycotting the Olympics as well as PEI WEI for the rest of the year.

Heather, I have only been blogging 2 weeks I think, and sent your man the link. Thanks for stopping by!

To my dearest friend known as “The Church Official,” you tell Shelley that her phrase has hit the net big time, and I did HURT MYSELF. I did last night too at Criallo’s. Fabulous. . .

To my dearest wife—I love your little self portrait. I’d like one every day please!