
Recently I had the opportunity to play through one of the Fishman Loudbox 100 Acoustic Guitar Amplifiers, and just let me say, I was impressed. It had been several years since I played through an acoustic amp, but given the location of a recent event not having a good PA system, I had to get something to project my guitar. I went to World Music Nashville to try one out and took my own guitar with me to see what it would sound like and it was very natural sounding—meaning that it didn’t sound “bright and artificial” like a lot of acoustic amps sound. This amp sounds like my guitar—only louder, and it is loaded with great features for such a small amp. Big sound in a small box, packing 100w and weighing less than 25 lbs.—that is hard to beat!
Just for kicks while I was there, I plugged in one of the AFX Chorus pedals especially designed for acoustic instruments and it was very nice coming through the Loudbox 100. Plus, it is more than a chorus pedal—there are 2 tremolos, flanger, phaser, and rotary in addition to the 3 different chorus options. I also tried out some of Fishman’s competitors amps while there, and to me none of them come close to the sound of the Loudbox.
If you are in the market for an acoustic amp, I would highly recommend checking out the great lineup of amps that Fishman has to offer. Thanks for the photo Frank!
No comments:
Post a Comment