
I was in Warsaw, Poland at the time checking out Old Town and he was just standing there against this marvelous red wall. I had to wait until he was not looking towards me so he would not freak out seeing a total stranger take his picture. I just assumed that he was a “local,” and that would have been quite the language barrier for me to penetrate to ask a simple question.
I’m one of those guys who thinks old people are cool, because my Granny was cool. I’m also one of those guys who thinks that a man says a whole lot about himself sometimes without saying a word, and that was the impression I got with this man. He had a certain way he stood, he had a certain look in his eyes in the brief seconds I saw them, and he had a certain way he liked to look, and for sure, he has a story. I would have loved to been able to talk to him some to find out his story–but for now, all I can do is tell you this little story about my brief encounter with him. The beauty about this photo is that not only do I have such a vivid memory of him, but of everything around him, and most likely you will see more of that environment in future Friday Fotos. It is quite an amazing place.
Ten seconds after I took this photo, he was out of my sights, and out of my life. But he’ll always be here with me to make me wonder about him. Maybe one day in Heaven, I’ll run into him . . .
3 comments:
Thta's a cool pic. And that was a very cool trip to be on. Was that the first or second trip? Either I was nearby, or I was on my way to my first meeting with Amy.
This was the first trip we went on. It was a great place and a great trip to be on! Be watching for more shots from Warsaw in future Friday Foto posts!
This is one of my favorites!
Post a Comment