Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Foto #6



Now this—this is a TEXAS sunset, from just over a year ago when I was there on a fishing/camping trip with my father in law. This shot was taken from my inlaw’s driveway just a few hours after I got into “town” and when I say “town,” I mean Midland, which is over an hour away. 

When I first started going to Texas with my girlfriend way back when, some of the locals here would ask about the area that she is from, and I would tell them a few trivial things about the area, but one thing I always mentioned was that “the sky goes all the way to the ground.” Meaning that it is so flat and non city like—even non tree like in many places, that the sky has nothing to interrupt it like skyscrapers or other office buildings, tall condo towers, big shopping malls etc.

I have seen several quality sunsets during trips to Texas, but this particular sunset was quite vibrant, where the color in the sky was just screaming, and it was a pleasure enjoying the marvel of the creator’s work that day.



2 comments:

Kristi said...

That about sums it up. I saw that sunset about 5000 times growing up. That and the moon coming up from the other direction never got old.

Nanette R. said...

Beautiful! And I agree that the sky goes "all the way to the ground" out there on the other side of the Mississippi!