Sunday, September 28, 2008

WARNING: EXPLOSIVE LIGHTS!




Yesterday I was in Home Depot, getting a few supplies, one of which was a pair of replacement bulbs for some 4' flourescent lights in our basement. When I was at the self checkout area, I took care of business, and as I was picking up my light tubes, they slipped out of my hand and dropped about 2" to the area where you bag your items, and THEY EXPLODED!! 

NO JOKE. We’re talking incredibly loud booming sound, glass shattering and flying everywhere, in the direction of my face of course, and also the white coating on the inside of the tubes looked like a mushroom cloud coming out of the bagging area. Well, either I have the reflexes of Flash Gordon, or the Lord just intervened, because although I could feel little micro shards of things flying everywhere after the explosion occured, there was nothing on me, confirmed by a few employees who rushed over to me even before I opened my eyes. I asked them to just look over my face and around my eyes to see if it was safe to open them and they said the coast was clear. Not a single piece of glass or a speck of powder was found on me, but the self checkout station was trashed. White crap everywhere along with a billion pieces of that glass. Both tubes completely shattered.

It was just one of the most bizarre things I had ever encountered in my entire life, and yet—I walked out of there without a scratch on me. Weird huh . . .?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splodn' lights. Is that like pyro?

Glad you were safe!

JAY S. said...

Just like Pyro! I thought I was at a KISS concert for about a nanosecond.

Nanette R. said...

Home Depot isn't the most exciting place for me, either, but did you have to make an explosion??? Glad you weren't hurt!