Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don’t try this at home

or at 100 “Jokes” Mall—running out in front of an MTA Bus that is. I just got home from doing such a thing, on my way into Michael’s. Yeah, MICHAEL’S. Why pray tell would I run right out in front of a bus?

Because I was at Michael’s for the 2nd time today. Perhaps it will help knowing that I LOATHE that place—it is right up there with Walmart in my book, institutions of retail insanity. I have multiple reasons for despising Michael’s, but I’ll only share a few of them with you here. First of all, it always smells so bad in there—not of a foul odor, but usually an overindulgence of crap candles and other scented stupidity that makes you choke when you walk in. Secondly, it is simply just not a place for a man. I feel that there should be a 50% discount to any male walking in that store, just for him having to put up with the “Michael’s shopping experience” which is going to go south at some point. Sadly, I’ve had plenty of negative experiences in there, employee and customer related, so I know what I’m talking about.

The first time I went today was to get some supplies for wrapping client Christmas gifts, and sadly after getting home with my stash, realized that I needed two more gift bags to finish up the gifts that I have right now. Sadly, that prompted a 2nd visit tonight, and the only rationale I can muster up for running out in front of a moving bus was that I was so focused on the fact that I hate that place, that I was not paying any attention to what I was doing. Sad huh?

Granted, “Mr. MTA” was moving rather briskly through the freshly paved parking lot, and I was of course on foot (NOT A GOOD COMBINATION), so I had to RUN to get out of his way, and thus avoid going to meet my maker right there in front of that . . . place.

Thankfully, I have lived to tell and Lord willing, will sleep well tonight and see another day tomorrow. But I won’t be going to you know where, so it looks like it could be a very good day. Heads up people—pay attention out there—or else you might get squashed like I almost did.

1 comment:

Nanette R. said...

If you can get Michael's to give 50% discounts to all men, will you go shopping for me???? For many reasons, I'm glad you didn't meet your Maker last week in front of Michael's, but one would be that if you had, we wouldn't have had the honor and benefit of your culinary and musical talents at the party on Friday night! :-)