Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Foto #26



There you have it. NO LARD for your tamales. Could life be any better? For me, yes—because I do not care for tamales, but I thought this sign was great, and couldn’t let it slip by without a photo. This was shot in California a while back when we were out there at a street fair/farmer’s market combo. 

The street fair was quite charming as was the farmer’s market portion, and we took our time and “mosied” (sp?) for a while before getting some lunch and heading on our way. It was a great way to start a beautiful day that saw us outside all day due to the amazing weather. Of course the people that made the sign were doing it for the greater good of better health among their patrons, but for me, I just saw a ton of humor in it, because lets face it—how many times a week, or even year—do you see a sign with NO LARD on it? That’s what I’m sayin’ . . .

So whether or not you like this tasty mexican treat that the sign is advertising, I hope you get a mouth-watering, artery clogging chuckle at this simple piece of advertising. And if you get in spired to head out to your favorite mexican restaurant for some tamales, be my guest. Just make sure they don’t have lard in them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are missing out. Tamales are wonderful.