
After loading the recent photos from my camera into my Mac, I remembered taking this and was surprised at how well it turned out, except for a wobbly looking front tire. As you can see here, I’m going just over 16 mph, and I had gone almost 9 mi at that point. The ride wound up being a 2o mile trek, which is not that long of a ride, but when you start at the bottom of the fitness ladder, it is quite the accomplishment. I have not had much opportunity, or have not seized many opportunities to be on my bikes the past few years and due to some major health yuk in 2008, was unable to ride for most of the year. By the time I got o.k. to ride, it started getting quite cold, and I only have the clothing to keep me warm when the temp is around 50.
This day was a golden, awesome day, with VERY warm temps for February, and I was quite grateful for it. I also rode the same distance the next day and have vowed to get my body back into shape this year after such a long hiatus from fitness. I feel like this guy, and I don’t want to feel that way anymore, so much as I can help it. So until next week, get out there and enjoy the not so bone chilling month we are having, and stretch those legs!
No comments:
Post a Comment