Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Foto #33



For almost 30 years now, whenever I have seen a red piano, I think of one of two people—Jonathan Cain of Journey, and Verona Collins, and there is a connection between those two people. You see, Jonathan Cain up until this last tour, has been playing a bright red piano ever since the ESCAPE Tour back in 1981, which was the first time I ever saw Journey live. Verona is the daughter of Jimmy and Sharon Collins, two of our favorite people on the planet, and she got a red piano for her birthday a few years ago. The connection between these two people is that a business associate of Jimmy is related to Jonathan Cain, and when Jimmy interviewed him last year for the Nashville Wine Press, Jimmy got Jonathan to sign Verona’s little red piano.

So, all of that setup leads us to this week’s Friday Foto, which is of an old red piano that resides in a lake house that Kristi and I were at earlier this week, in Gallatin, TN. This piano has all kinds of cool character to it, and I could not resist taking some shots of it while we were there. This house has all kinds of great, old and eclectic furnishings in it, and features about it, and I shot all of them too, so expect to see more of them in the future for Friday Foto posts.

It would have been cool to know how to play piano and sit there and whip out some tunes on this old gem, but alas, I can’t play piano, and besides, it was way out of tune. I still enjoyed looking at it each day we were there, and thought of the two people that red pianos always remind me of. Now I can add a third red piano to my list, and enjoy the memories of that house and the peace that it brought to me and Kristi and our friend Susan. 

1 comment:

Its Lainee said...

I need some red paint . . .