Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Foto #37



Remember me saying a while back on a Friday Foto post that I like old pianos, and showed a photo of a red one? Well, here is another piano I recently shot while in TX. This one is in the Manhattan Coffee House on the historic square in Snyder. This is the coolest place in that whole town in my opinion, and was a great little treat to see. It is located in an old strip of historic buildings that have thankfully not been ruined by modernization, meaning that the space still has tons of character to it and has a nice, intimate feel about it, while being very casual. Basically, for someone like me, all the things you hope for in a coffee shop, and I am not even that much of a coffee drinker. It had loads of charm though, and I plan on going back every time we return to Snyder, hoping that they survive the tough times we are all dealing with in the economy. 

So the next time you may be visiting a relative in a town where not much is going on, go see what you can find one day, because you just might stumble upon a gem like this, and have a even more reasons to support the local business people trying to make a living. Get yourself a cup of coffee, have a seat, relax and take in the scene for a bit. You’ll be glad you did!

2 comments:

Its Lainee said...

I'd love to buy some Jay photos of pianos to hang over my old pianee!

JAY S. said...

We can arrange for that! :)