Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Foto #43




I’m a sucker for a cool sign. It really does not matter what it says or what it is advertising (for the most part). If it is cool looking, I like it. With this weeks Friday Foto post, I like this sign so much that I have to show it from both sides, just to make sure you see it o.k. This particular sign rests of a door of an old abandoned gas station we came across while travelling a few months back, and I thought it was too cool to pass up.

I have never even heard of BAMBY BREAD, which was part of the charm here—that there was/is a brand of bread actually called BAMBY BREAD. And, this particular gas station, like many other businesses back in the day, evidently loved it, because the sign says they recommend it—it’s fresh. Well of course you have to tell people that. How many people would stop to buy bread whose sign said “LUMPY BREAD—we don’t care if you buy it since it is stale.” Not too many loaves are gonna fly out the door with that as the slogan.

So the next time you are out on vacation, or maybe even on a Sunday drive, and you come across a cool sign, stop and see what it has to say, or had to say from days gone by. Feel free to share them with me, as I would love to see what you would come across in your travels. Just don’t try to give me any old bread.

No comments: