
Welcome to the 2nd floor of The Old Talbott Talvern, in Bardstown, KY, where historic figure Jessie James once shot the walls in his room because of visions he was having after a night of having a bit too much to drink at the pub downstairs.
We had lunch here at the tavern while doing a little visiting in Bardstown since there is some family history way back on Kristi’s side of the family. The food was great and the atmosphere was awesome, and afterwards, we asked the hostess if we could go upstairs and see some of the rooms, since they do a B&B thing out of the tavern. This light fixture is in one of the hallways upstairs, that I thought was quite attractive. I’ll let you go to the link above on the tavern to read about the history of the place, but let me just say that if you ever up by Bardstown, it would be worth your time to take a little detour into the historic downtown and wander for a bit. Have lunch at the tavern (eat plenty of amazing biscuits!) and soak in some history.
2 comments:
I like pictures of light fixtures better than pictures of plumbing fixtures! Thanks, Jay (even though I'm still pretending to me miffed at you for your comments to my wonderful co-worker!). :-)
I thought of you when I was going through photos today for the post, and I came across a shot of a water faucet in this same tavern that I shot, but remembered that you didn’t want to see anymore plumbing, so I went with the light. You know I am just kidding on that yappin’ with Amy. I gotta give her something to do during the day every once in a while just to keep her sharp and on her toes.
Post a Comment