

After a long time of combing the internet and other sources for the last piece to replicating my original guitar rig, it is finally done. If you are into guitars, you may recall from a post last year, that I was able to buy a Fender Harvard amp like the one I previously owned from a music store in Colorado, and of course I have always had my original guitar, my Aria Pro II LP copy. What I didn’t talk much about before were my pedals.
I only had 2 pedals for the first 20+ years of playing electric guitar, and for part of that 20+ years, I didn’t play at all, and didn’t have my 2 pedals anymore due to me literally wearing them out to the point of them not working anymore. Instead of getting them fixed, I threw them away like an idiot and for the last several years have really regretted it. About 4 years ago I bought one of them, a ProCo Rat distortion pedal, which was a direct reissue of the one I had. The one missing piece was finding an old D.O.D. 575 Flanger and recently someone was cleaning house of some vintage pedals on eBay and I snatched it up.
I was so excited to see one pop up on eBay, because it is not a pedal that regularly shows up on there, and not only that, but this one was in mint condition and had the AC adapter to it, which I never owned back in the day. I don’t think . . .
Well, as you can see by the photo above, the old rig is now complete and it is quite fun to have all the old stuff back in my collection again. I’m really not into the vintage gear scene that much at all, except for the gear that I used to own, which has a lot of sentimental value to it. One day I may want to try to score a 1976 Bicentennial edition Gibson Explorer, but that is for another day, and another post.
If you have any vintage gear stories of your own, please drop me a line and let me know what they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment