Monday, November 15, 2010

Why so long?

Well, if you have to ask—or if I have to say, it would be for a multitude of reasons. Part of it was some tough stuff that was going on in the life of a few friends back in the first part of the year, that caused me to feel that what I had to say here was quite trivial and just nonsense in comparison to their trials. Part of it was worry and stress over our own situation here at home, with finances being shaken up in a big way due to a large account leaving us at work.

Part of it was just distractions, and getting to the point of feeling that I didn’t have much to say, or that I was wasting my time. I hate wasting time. Well, life is pouring down again, in different ways than it was earlier this year, and I have decided that this is a good time for me to use bits and pieces of time to get back to something I enjoyed, so that it helps me achieve balance. Because balance of fun and lighthearted things is key I think to surviving life and the bad things that get thrown our way. All work and no play is not good, and all stress with no outlets for releasing it is equally destructive.

So, getting back to the blog here is one way I am taking care of myself amidst tough stuff, and I hope that you pop in from time to time and drop me a line if a post makes you laugh or gives you some little happy in the day. Or night.

Stay tuned . . .

Jay

No comments: