Friday, April 13, 2012

TAYLOR ROAD SHOW SPRING 2012





Yet again did the Taylor Road Show crew roll into Music City a few months back, and of course I was there. We just had a Road Show here back in November, as you may recall by the posts about that.  This road show was a blast as they all are and was filled with fun times and great memories. I got to see my friends Barney Hill and Sam Eakins who work for Taylor in addition to my peeps that work at World Music Nashville where the event was held.

I also got to meet the amazing Wayne Johnson who was the product demo specialist that night. I have read about him for years and in all of the road shows I have attended, never got to see him. Until now. He was fabulous, both as a player and as someone to hang out with which I had the honor of doing after the road show when all of us went to dinner. Wayne is so nice and personable and just a joy to spend time with. He did a great job of educating the audience on the guitars he demo’d while blowing us away with his mad skills.

Before the event kicked off, I got there early to hang out with my friends and since Barney and Wayne got there late, I was called into action to help tune guitars, which I was happy to do. I was awarded a free headstock tuner at the end of the night for doing so which was a nice surprise! I also took my 12 string and BTO guitars in for new strings and while there, got to hang out with Sam a bit before he got really slammed with that kind of work as the show started.

My friends Mark Garrison,  David Ray and his dad came along too and enjoyed the sweet guitars that were a bounty to enjoy during the “petting zoo” portion of the show. Mark actually won some strings at the end of the night and I won some picks.

We had a blast and I became a big fan of Wayne’s that night. Bought a CD of his and had him sign it which he was happy to do. Many thanks to those guys for continuing to allow me to hang with them on the road shows and afterwards, and for the wonderful staff at World Music Nashville for being the best music store in Nashville and a great host to great events like these.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: