Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Foto #5



This week’s Friday Foto comes to us from West Texas, which is a far cry from Warsaw, Poland which is where last week’s photo came from. This was a sign advertising some of the headline events at the Yoakum County Watermelon Roundup. Nope, I’m not making that up. There was also the much anticipated “Kiss the Pig” contest and a contest to see who could throw up the fastest or most times eating fried candy bars. Nope, I’m not making that up either—atleast not that last bit about the fried candy bars. I don’t care what town you are from, throwing a Snickers in a vat of grease and calling it food is just wrong. 

Why was I here you ask? Family.

We were on a TX Tour of my in-laws and where my brother in law and his family live, this was like Woodstock to them. People come from all over, and when you say that in regards to TX, you know you’re talking a “good bit.” The day proved to be festival fun at its finest. We did have a good time eating some normal food in addition to checking out a car show and doing a bit of street-side grocery shopping for some peppers and other high-test TX food items that we could bring back home. And, we saw the kiss the pig contest. It wasn’t all that.

1 comment:

Jen Stadler said...

Now THAT is good times waitin' to happen!!