Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pick pick buzz buzz oh wait a relief it was

Recently I had to take a guitar of mine to get serviced for some fret buzz. After taking the guitar to an authorized, factory trained repair facility that I was referred to, I was told that it would just be a minor set up, and that Greg would check a multitude of things on the instrument to see what needed to be done to eliminate the buzz. I didn’t want the action altered, because it’s perfect as is.

Well today I got called to come pick up my guitar, and it turns out that the truss rod just needed to be tweaked a bit along with a tiny bit of bridge work and nut profiling. It is PERFECT now. Greg did such an awesome job, and he is SUPER nice. The guy knows his stuff and he is so pleasant to talk to. He has worked on my guitars before, but always through a store, so I had never met him or been to his shop. 

It was quite the relief that Greg’s expertise saved me the cash of getting plek’d since it was just a minor tweak here and there. If you have any guitars or other stringed instruments that need to be looked at, go nowhere else but Classic Ax on Music Row. Now, doesn’t that just make you feel good all over?

No comments: