
This Friday Foto shot was taken at Mission San Luis Rey in San Diego, California. It is the largest mission in California, and the favorite mission of my sister-in-law who took us there while on a day tour of “Kerri’s favorite places.” It was a beautiful place loaded with history that you can see and read about while touring the museum, and there are also gorgeous gardens to see and enjoy. There‘s even a small cemetery there.
Why take a picture of a bench you ask? Well, I’ll take a shot of anything I find interesting or cool and this just struck me that day as it sat there in a little courtyard, against a pristinely clean concrete wall with this great old texture in it. As I took the photo, I wondered about all of the people that have sat on it, and what was going on in their mind at the time. Were they having a good day, or a not so good day—were they here to pray or to just look at a pretty building? I was also thinking of others enjoying the little courtyard like I was, and being thankful for that environment that was so beautiful and peaceful.
So, the next time you find a cool, old, empty bench that looks like it has seen some use, make it your mission to sit down and enjoy the view, regardless of what it is. Maybe say a prayer for someone—perhaps the person that was there before you, or the next person after you that will find that bench and enjoy it.
1 comment:
I will never think of a bench the same way--thanks for that foto.
Post a Comment