why it takes a family of 3-4 people to go into the post office to conduct a simple transaction. This is becoming quite the pet peeve of mine. I mean seriously—why does the entire family have to come in and watch someone request a book of stamps? All they are doing is standing there adding places in what have become increasingly long lines lately. But it is not just holiday times that I see this—it’s a growing problem in my local post office.
WHY CAN’T EVERYONE ELSE JUST WAIT IN THE CAR?
Is it a training exercise for the rest of the family to know how to buy a book of stamps, or mail a package?
Is there a question of the car being tampered with, or potential for a fight in the car amongst all the other family members that decided to make the P.O. trip a group event?
I just think this is the craziest thing ever. The only way I can justify such a group coming into the p.o. is if there was some big honkin’ package that had to be hauled off and you needed “all hands on deck” to get it out to the car. Or, there were too many packages to be carried in by one person.
Is it just me?
Like the title above says, help me understand this, because all of these people are starting to get to me—standing around holding up the line with nothing to do. And don’t even get me started about people’s cell phones ringing like crazy while they are in line with nothing to do.
2 comments:
I feel so embarrassed b/c just five hours ago I was at the P.O. with three generations of my family. GP even offered to stay in the car with E, but I thought I could keep a better eye on both of them if they just came in with me. Yikes, I'm sure we clogged up the line with the stroller. I hereby apologize to humanity. We want to just stay out of trouble, OK?
I took Natalie & Courtney into the post office with me once. I looked at the line ahead of me and saw a man with a patch over one eye... I instantly thought to myself, "Oh no..." A few minutes later, Courtney saw him and said, "Look Daddy, a pirate!" Fortunately he didn't hear her...or, at least, he acted like he didn't hear her.
Post a Comment