Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Foto #20



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
Welcome to 2009, and the twentieth Friday Foto! I thought I would start the new year with a break in tradition, by putting a photo of myself in here that I just came across.  Although I thought that I may try to do one photo of a person each month, just to mix things up. So look out, you may show up on one of these!

This was shot at the beach in Carlsbad, CA last spring by my dear wife, while we were on a stroll with her twin one afternoon. It was a beautiful day (cue the U2 song), and very peaceful on the beach, with hardly a soul in sight, and the only sounds being the roar of the waves coming in and an occasional helicopter. It was kinda strange to be wearing a hoody in May in California, but that was the way it was last spring, and pretty typical for the San Diego area that time of year. A few days later while at a different part of the beach, I got sunburned, so go figure. 

So, if you get to the beach this year and find some really cool looking lifeguard tower pillar, have someone snap a shot of it and send it to me, especially if it is southern california. If you don’t find yourself taking in a beach in 2009, then may the year bring you all kinds of good times and memories with those you love, whatever it is you’ll be doing.

Thanks for checking out Blah Blah Blog this past year, and for all the fun comments you have left along the way. May I keep my end of bargain up and give you some entertaining things to comment about throughout the year!

3 comments:

Its Lainee said...

I MUST go to the beach in 2009--there has never been a year that I haven't gone to the beach at least once, until 2008 . . . very sad, even for a pale face like me. Keep them fotos coming!

Nanette R. said...

What about if I go to the beach in 2009 and see a really cool looking lifeguard???

JAY S. said...

Then HE goes on YOUR blog. :)