
Today’s
Friday Foto takes us all the way to
Greece, where this shot was taken while on a missions trip a few summers ago. We were staying at this resort sort of place in Eretria, and the complex has all these little villas of 4 rooms or more placed on the property, and while on a stroll one afternoon in the “
Conair” heat wave we were in, I took this photo of these shutters. I loved the simplicity and boldness of the colors here—a white stucco wall, with bright royal blue shutters and the brightest orange flower peeping in from the left.
While I “shutter” to think that I will ever be as hot as I was on that trip due to that hair dryer blowing in your face heat wave we had, I’d love to return to Greece sometime and not only be on another missions trip, but also to go for vacation sometime and see more of what I’ve only heard or read about in the past.
So whether you are in Greece or your own back yard, stop sometimes and see the beauty in the simple like I was able to here, and just breathe in the canvas of your environment. Even if it is 112 degrees outside.
4 comments:
I love that photo! It would make a pretty card. I hope to make it to Greece someday, too, on a mission trip or not.
Well, you could go on the AGM trip this year and fulfill that hope!
I love to take pictures of windows and doors--my favorites are at Seaside and Santa Fe. "Window" you want to make a little book about that?
I love shooting doors and windows too, and have a lot from Poland AGM trips, that are fabulous—shot at old town in Warsaw.
Post a Comment