I got there, and in about 90 seconds found all I needed for our project, then proceeded to find a capable human to answer said batting question from above. I found an employee, and inquired about the batting, and no joke—she looked at me straight in the eyes with that “deer in the headlights” sorta look for like 5 seconds in absolute silence before saying “I don’t even know what that is.” The whole time during those 5 seconds, which seemed like a half hour, I kept thinking “AWESOME. . .”
I soaked that in like a sponge, and with great glee enjoyed the fact that yet again, I have found a clueless employee in that place, thus continuing my disgust for even having to go in there. Trust me, if it was not mandatory, my feet would never step inside that place.
So anyway, after her amazing response, I said “well, it’s the puffy stuff that you put in between both sides of a quilt when you are making one” and then, she came around and told me to head towards the back of the store, because it is “back at the back of the store by the yarn.” Fair enough. She was right, so I give her that, but still, nothing could top that precious 5 second long stare into my eyes without a clue as to what I was talking about.
3 comments:
yeah. i love it when they send YOU off on a wild goose chase to the OTHER side of the store. just the other day i was at hobby lobby asking about something and the employee (sales associate) looked at me like i was a specimen on a microscope slide. i was so mad i resorted to talking to myself right there in the store! never did find what i needed either:(
HA !!
this rocks . . I can NOT believe that you went to michael's, AND, I think it is even FUNNIER that you thought someone there MIGHT have a clue . .;)
yeah, what was I thinking???
Post a Comment