



This past Tuesday night I attended another Taylor Guitars Road Show event, only this time, instead of driving out of state to get to it, I travelled to Bellevue, to World Music Nashville, one of the best music stores in town. The previous Road Show I attended in AL last year, resulted in a new purchase. That would not be the case this time, but I did get to see and geek out on a lot of great guitars, as well as play them, and had some nice chats with Andy Lund and Barney Hill, who put on the event. I had a horrible Monday and Tuesday at work, so this was just what the doctor ordered for me to unwind and get over a rough patch in the workweek.
Similar to the AL event last fall, this one began by talking about shapes of guitars, and then woods, followed by some demo time where all in attendance could hear the differences in both shapes and woods, sometimes on the same model of guitar. Then we took a short break to participate in the “petting zoo” where we could play anything that was there. I concentrated on playing a lot of custom made Taylor acoustics that World Music recently had built through the Taylor BTO program since there were some woods on some of these I had never seen before, much less ever played, so that was quite a treat. I was also most curious about the brand new T3/B electric guitar that debuted at Winter NAMM in January, and it was very nice with a stunning quilt maple top. I got to play it for bit as well right before the 2nd half of the show started, where the emphasis was on electrics. Andy went through demos on the T5 and SolidBody classic as well as the T3, so that was a fun part of the night as well.
The one guitar I was really hoping to see, I did not because they are not out yet, so I’ll keep a lid on that until later this year :). Overall, it was a great night and hats off to Andy and Barney for doing a great job. It was so low key and enjoyable, sort of like we were all in someone’s living room hanging out talking about guitars. So cool.
Many thanks to the staff at World Music as well, for hosting the event, and having such a great store that is such a joy to shop in. Until next time, which may be later this year, enjoy the picts above from the other night.
No comments:
Post a Comment