Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can I watch it at home without you bugging me?



Last week I bought the new Keith Urban album, Defying Gravity, and along with it, bought the DVD from his previous tour “Love Pain & the Whole Crazy World Tour LIVE.” Now this would not be that big of a deal, except for the first memory that pops into my head about seeing this tour when it came through Nashville. I took a tiny note pad with me to write down the set list so I could make an iTunes playlist from the concert that night. 

Apparently some of my “neighbors” in the Sommet Center that night were quite concerned at me taking notes, so they turned me into security, and a week later, I got a call from the FBI. It’s just not everyday you answer the phone and it is the Federal B.I. wanting to have a little chat. Well, I didn’t have time right then to talk, and thought that it was a prank being played on me anyway, so I blew him off. But, he kept calling me over the next week, and finally, I got the courage to call him back to see what in the world was going on. He basically wanted to know what I was doing at that Keith Urban show with the notepad, since he said I had been turned in and that anytime they have a case of “suspected terrorist activity” (NO JOKE) they have to follow up on the lead.

I had the most unusual chat with him I’d ever had on the phone in my entire life, and after he told me half of my life story due to the background check they had already done on me, concluded based on this conversation that it was a dead end, and there was no need to pursue the lead any further. I can give you more details of the call if you ever want to hear them. I’m jut hoping that now since I own the DVD, I can watch it in the comfort of my own home without the Feds bugging me.

It was an incredible show and I look forward to watching this and remembering how great it was live, and I am also looking forward to seeing him again this summer when he rolls back into town on the new tour.

However,  if you are reading this, be a good sport and don’t turn me into the suits for writing a blog post about a set list that got me suspected of “terrorist activity.” I’d appreciate it.

4 comments:

Jen Stadler said...

Jay- when you have kin like we do, ANYTHING pulls up a red flag from the law!!

JAY S. said...

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

Its Lainee said...

Oh my COW!! What has this world come to when our cute little "jay-bird" almost becomes a JAILBIRD for being a true Urban fan . . . you oughta get free tickets and backstage pass to the next gig!

JAY S. said...

NO kidding! Except that I just bought a ticket to this year’s show that’s coming up this summer. I’m gonna take another little notebook just to see if I can get called again.