Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Foto #38



Well, I know it has been a month, but some things are just worth waiting for you know? Like the world’s most disgusting hand dryer that you see above in this weeks return of the Friday Foto post.

Where is this gem you might ask? ARKANSAS. Surprised? I didn’t think so. This beauty resides in a rest stop somewhere between Texarkana and Little Rock, and sadly, I cannot remember where. Ironically, this is the very next rest stop after a really nice one we encountered that was very “open air” in its design. So in the course of 3 hours, we go from a really cool one, to this. Just one more story to add to the list of things we encountered driving through Arkansas a while back. We also encountered a small caravan of vehicles off on the edge of the road in Little Rock, and evidently the ENTIRE FAMILY had to get out and see what the trouble was with the vehicle in question, and NONE of them had shoes on, all of them were very “red.”

Back to the hand dryer—I’m glad this photo above is not a shot of the sink itself, because I would have had to resort to other alternatives for washing my hands. At least this thing still worked, it was just so gross to look at, as was everything else about this rest stop. I wish I could warn you about which one it was so you don’t encounter this gross bathroom, but if you do find this same rest stop, drop me a line and tell me what else you see while there, because I guarantee you, in Arkansas, you will be provided with quality, free, live entertainment in a matter of minutes. Shoes are not required.

4 comments:

Nanette R. said...

YAY! A new Friday Foto!!!! I've been faithfully checking for weeks, but I do understand the absence. I wasn't too suprised that this nasty hand dryer was in Arkansas, just riding on the road through there is bad enough!

Its Lainee said...

I think I saw that one in the Forrest City Taco Bell or the Alma Arkansas Shell station, can't remember. This reminds of me LMK when she stayed with her future son in law and saw the state of his shower . . . she pretended she was on a mission trip so she wouldn't throw up!

Cherilyn said...

I hope someone came into the bathroom while you had your camera out. Nothing says awkward like a guy in a bathroom with a camera.

JAY S. said...

I got lucky and was able to snap a few shots alone. I was kind of nervous about it though, especially in Arkansas.