

On a recent trip to the local Sam Ash store, I saw a new limited edition, hand-signed Fishman Loudbox 100 Acoustic Amp in Zebrawood. I had not even heard of this limited edition amp, but I thought it was super cool looking. I immediately came home and started looking online to see who all carried them and quickly realized that they were a Sam Ash exclusive, and only 24 are being made and signed by Larry Fishman himself.
Now I am a sucker for limited edition models of music gear, regardless of what it is, so I decided to sell my regular Loudbox 100 amp and try to get as much money for it as possible, so I could turn right around and buy this limited edition from Sam Ash. Within a week, I had a buyer here locally and I got what I wanted for my amp and the same day, got on the Sam Ash website to check and see if there were any more Zebrawood amps left. I had been checking them every day that week to see if they were still around and if not, would just keep my old one that I loved anyway.
Thankfully, there were some available and I got #16—sweet 16 as I like to think of it, because it is one sweet little amp. I have really enjoyed playing it here with my Fishman AFX Chorus and AURA imaging pedals, and together they sound amazing with my acoustics. This is such an awesome little amp—so versatile and feature packed. Fishman also just released covers and shoulder bags for the Loudbox amps, and I am planning on getting one at some point this year. Just gotta decide which I want more and would use more, the cover or the bag.
If you play an acoustic and are thinking about getting an acoustic amp, go check out a Fishman Loudbox. I think you will be impressed with the sound and features of this amp, all in a small package—easy to haul around. The amp doesn’t make your guitar sound like anything other than your guitar amplified. No weird, shallow electronic kind of sound at all—just your guitar tone louder. What more can you ask for right?
Many thanks to the folks at Fishman for designing a great little amp and for creating a cool looking limited edition model. I am having a sweet time playing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment