Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Foto #48



Well look no further than on top of our house for this week’s Friday Foto! This is hot off the press, taken yesterday, as Kristi and I were enjoying an end of the day time up on the roof, peering out over our neighbors homes, and the first floor of our construction, all the while discussing paint colors, where walls and built in bookcases are going to be, and why Buddy the Boxer next door tends to pee on Mary Ann’s nice flowers all the time.

We have been in this house 9 yrs and 2 months, and neither one of us have ever been on this part of our roof, looking out over the neighbors roofs like this. My highest point was previously just cleaning out gutters, but that has been topped now! We have gone up there the last 2 days and have enjoyed the sights of progress after all the nail guns have stopped, the compressor has been turned off and hauled away, and the banging of hammers has ceased. It is quite, and it is peaceful, and it is the first time of the day we really get that. Yesterday we were up here about 10-15 minutes, and today I bet we were up there an hour. Kristi has already thought about hauling out the sleeping bags and sleeping up there one night. Of course all I could think about was tossing and turning and falling off the roof because that is how my twisted brain thinks. Still though, a night of “camping on the roof” sounds good. Stay tuned, you just might be reading a post about that soon.

For now though, enjoy the view and know that a heapen helpin’ of peace and quiet comes with it. Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vurryvurry niiiice.

If it wasn't for the climb down, I'd suggest a plate of brie and fruit, and a glass of wine.

JAY S. said...

I may haul a guitar up there this weekend and jam for a bit! Although your suggestion is a mighty fine one!

Its Lainee said...

Yep, I'm hearing JT sing "Up on the Roof." Love what simple things bring you happiness, my friend.