
Sometimes the photos you see here on the Friday Foto are really high quality. Sometimes they are definitely not, like when they come from a cell phone, which is what we have this week.
I recently went out of town for a business trip, and while waiting at the Nashville airport for our plane to arrive, this young woman and her grandmother sat down beside me. So why take their picture? Because the granddaughter was incredibly sweet and loving to her grandmother, and took excellent care of her while we were waiting on our plane to arrive.
You see, my first flight was when I was 10 years old, and my Granny took me to California to see some family we had out there at the time. One of the things we did on that trip was go to Disneyland, and ironically, as I sat there in the airport taking this picture, it dawned on me that I was headed to Disneyland again (literally across the street), and it all came back to me. It was my first time back in Anaheim since the maiden voyage of me on a jet in the summer of 1977, and it brought back some dear memories. Although the roles were reversed, with my granny taking care of me at the airport, it was still neat to make the connection to these two women that sat next to me.
The granddaughter got her granny all settled in the chair, and went to the desk at our gate to make sure that they had priority seating since her granny was a bit fragile as far as getting around. She also got her food during our wait for the plane to arrive, but not before making sure she was 100% comfortable and ok. This girl just totally served her in every way. Trust me, if I could have videotaped this, I would have. It was precious.
It has been a long time since I have seen a grandchild love a grandparent that well in public, at the dinner table, or anywhere. Her granny’s every need was well taken care of by the time we boarded that plane. Of course seeing all of this take place 2 ft. away from me was very dear because it made me so thankful for my granny. She took care of me this way for the first 18 years of my life, and as she was ending hers, I occasionally got to turn the tables and take care of her some in this way. It too was precious.
Grandparents are special, and if you have one (or more!) that is dear and special to you, don’t let another day go by that you don’t tell them you love them and how special they are to you. Make it count when you see your grandparent(s) as well. You just never know what is coming tomorrow that could take that special person away. I have a feeling this young lady knew that, and it showed by how well she loved her granny.
2 comments:
Love this post. I was thinking about a Granny in my life this week and really need to call her or write her a note. Thanks for the reminder.
Very sweet! Thanks for sharing that!
Post a Comment