Sunday, January 1, 2012

NEW YEAR, NEW BEGINNINGS

So it has been since July that I posted anything here. At this point, I am quite confident that I am just typing to myself, but if anyone is out there and willing to listen/read, here I am. Still alive, and still kicking.

The long pause in posts has only been due to months of health issues that had removed any desire I had to blog, amongst 1oo other things it took over and ruined for a while, but I am on the mend now and my blog is one thing I plan on getting back to for the new year. It’s not a resolution, not a promise, but a plan. Plans change, as did mine back in May when I began 5 1/2 months of physical hell because things had changed in my body, but one day at a time, I pressed on, and here I am.

2011 is in the past now, and though I am grateful for that regarding all the tough and traumatizing things I/we lived through, I am also grateful to God for using all that stuff to bring me to a place of being so much more thankful, even on the darkest days. I know I am stronger now, as a man, as a christian—as lots of things, and I have more joy in my life. A lot of it has been the result of all the yuck of the past year and the tools I have been given to bring me through it all. I don’t intend for my blog to be a place where I pour my guts out about the hardships of my life, so I will spare you from the details of all that. I’d prefer to share those things in person anyway, as well as keeping my blog more about fun, interesting and entertaining things that I experience or encounter.

So, welcome back (me). Or you, if you are someone out there actually reading this. Stay tuned for a post right after this and a more in the days to come, as I dig back through some fun stuff since this summer to write about, and more material becomes available through more recent events.

No comments: