Saturday, October 26, 2013
A Winning Experience!
Every September for the past 6 years I have attended the annual open house at PRS Guitars, called Experience PRS. We typically go see some family in the area while we are out there but this year the trip was different. Every year for the past two to three years PRS has held a sweepstakes whereby the winner gets two free airfares and hotel paid for, thus leaving the winner with the only expenses of rental car and food.
Every year I enter this contest. This year I WAS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER! I entered one time, cost me a 45¢ stamp. When I received the news, about 10 days out from the event, I was completely shocked. I already had my room reserved, so PRS reimbursed me for my room and added a night onto my stay which they paid for as well as my flights. It was a sweet deal and just set things in motion for me to have an amazing trip. I was sad to not have Kristi with me in my travels but she chose to opt out of this trip because family time would have been greatly reduced due to their schedules. So I was hans solo this time.
I got to BMI, got my 2013 Nissan Altima rental car and took off for my hotel which I arrived at about 45 minutes later. I had a quick rest in the room and then jumped in the car and headed to PRS for the Thursday night Signature Club event. That is always a special treat for me as a member of that club since we have our own event before the masses get there for days 2 and 3 of the event. There were some new amps and guitars to check out this year and great concerts and clinics throughout the entire weekend. As a club we also did a photo update that you will see above. I am on the front row in the olive green shirt, third from the left.
As great as the event was, another highlight for me all weekend long was catching up with guys I have met there over the years and finding out what each other has been up to for the past year and in a way it was like a family reunion of sorts. That sort of atmosphere helps being alone not so lonely you know?
Each day was packed with clinics, seminars, demo’s and factory tours and I kept a packed schedule through all three days. I could go on and on about it, but maybe you would like to see some photos? If so, check out the photos here that I took over the course of the event. I also shot a ton of video throughout the weekend. If you would like to see any of that, go to my YouTube channel here and check them out. Enjoy and stay tuned for more guitar related posts soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment